Saturday, June 7, 2008

Momentous Day (well, if you're a bit of a computer geek)!

I just had to post about this. I'm not particularly old by any means but I now have a computer with more RAM than the first computer I personally purchased had in hard drive space. I stuck 4 GB of RAM in our laptop; my first computer (a Motorola-made Mac clone purchased back in 1997 or 1998) had a 3.2 GB hard drive, which wasn't too shabby for the day. Of course, now you can purchase a 1 TB hard drive for as low as $150 and many desktop computers come with 500 GB hard drives. I grew up using computers with much smaller hard drives than 3.2 GB but they were never ones I had purchased myself. Anyway, I thought this was pretty cool.

Here's the cute little computer with 4 GB of RAM.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

When I went to college and bought a computer (Mac LCII) it had a 80mb hard drive. I distinctly remember wondering why anyone would ever need anything larger than that.