Saturday, June 28, 2008

What's on my iPod - New(ish) Pop Version

I don't want to detract from the excellent last two posts (Lily crawling and Scrambled Frog Tales) but I've been meaning to write a post with some of the songs I currently really enjoy. Again, the ones that I will include in this list are mainly new(er) songs I've discovered and don't necessarily represent my all-time favorite songs - these are just some of the ones I've really been enjoying recently (I'm keeping this in the realm of pop music). I am leaving out quite a few songs, of course, and there aren't many "older" songs (or classical or even cross-over classical) on this list but I just wanted to provide a brief list of some of what I'm listening to at present. I also left off some of the "heavier" songs (esp. ones by Muse). I like all the songs for different reasons - some of them are just fun; some have really nice lyrics; some are pretty.

The list is set up as song: album: artist.
  • Hang On: Ganging Up On the Sun: Guster
  • The Captain: Ganging Up On the Sun: Guster
  • Lightning Rod: Ganging Up On the Sun: Guster
  • Amsterdam: Keep It Together: Guster
  • Careful: Keep It Together: Guster
  • Come Downstairs and Say Hello: Keep It Together: Guster
  • Two at a Time: Keep It Together: Guster
  • Apocalypse Please: Absolution: Muse
  • Starlight: Black Holes and Revelations: Muse
  • Invincible: Black Holes and Revelations: Muse
  • Bliss: Origin of Symmetry: Muse
  • Unintended: Showbiz: Muse
  • I Lived On The Moon: Tales and Dreams: Kwoon (this one has one of the best music videos ever - it's odd but really cool. The music video is available freely online.)
  • Tilting the Windmills: All the Color Green: Peter Breinholt
  • Queen Ole: All the Color Green: Peter Breinholt
  • You Are Home: All the Color Green: Peter Breinholt
  • Jerusalem: Youth: Matisyahu
  • What I'm Fighting For: Youth: Matisyahu
  • 1000 Miles: Audio Daydream: Blake Lewis
  • Happy: Brandi Carlile: Brandi Carlile
  • Someday Soon: Drastic Fantastic: KT Tunstall
  • Apologize: Dreaming Out Loud: OneRepublic
  • Come Home: Dreaming Out Loud: OneRepublic
  • Apparition: Keep Them Confused: No Use For A Name
  • Grace Kelly: Life in Cartoon Motion: Mika
  • Home (by Marc Broussard): Nonstop: BYU Vocal Point
  • Dear Bobbie: Paper Walls: Yellowcard
  • Shadows and Regrets: Paper Walls: Yellowcard
  • Soul Meets Body: Plans: Death Cab For Cutie
  • I Will Follow You Into the Dark: Plans: Death Cab For Cutie
  • The Luckiest: Rockin' the Suburbs: Ben Folds
  • Greensleeves: Shadow of the Moon: Blackmore's Night
  • 1000X: Simplify: Ryan Shupe & The Rubberband
  • Have You Ever: The Story: Brandi Carlile
  • Downpour: The Story: Brandi Carlile
  • Lucky (feat. Colbie Callait): We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things: Jason Mraz
  • Details in the Fabric (feat. Jim Morrison): We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things: Jason Mraz (note: this song needs editing - cut off the first and last bits)

1 comment:

Ashley A. said...

Hi guys! I was happy to find your blog and get an update on things. I hope Florida is treating you well. Anwyn is so big and your little Lily is adorable.

-Ashley Atkin