Sunday, August 31, 2008

St. Augustine Beach

Yesterday was a fun family day. We were finally blessed with good weather on a Saturday, so we packed up the car and headed over to the beach at St. Augustine. The water was about 80 degrees. It was also cloudy on and off with a little bit of rain, but thankfully it didn't rain long enough or hard enough to warrant leaving the beach.

We had a nice time playing in the sand and water. Lily wasn't a big fan of the water, but she eventually warmed up to the idea of crawling around on the sand (as longs as she was well away from the waves).

There's something amusing about being out in the water and having big waves (big is relative) come hit you. I guess amusing is the wrong word - fun is better.

Anwyn and Jared ran a lot along the edge of the water.

Lily liked trying to eat the sand - she managed to ingest a little.

Anwyn had a blast with her buckets and shovels. One of the first things she made was her "house".


It was a wonderful day!


4 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

Looks like so much fun!

I heard you met our friends at church today. We're excited to hear that you'll be in the same ward.

Developed Memories Photography said...

St. Augustine is so awesome! I went there a couple times when I lived in Florida. Looks like you guys had a great time!

Tiffany said...

I love the beautiful photos--so fun to see. The beach looks lovely. What a cute photo of sad Lily. :)

The Kay Family said...

YAY!! I am so glad that you got to go! It is so nice to have a fun family activity to do, kind of stressful, but rejuvinating at the same time. Glad you didn't get rained out, too!!