Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lowe's Coupon Experience

As part of our bathroom remodel we take a lot of trips to Lowe's. Thankfully it's practically right around the corner. We checked out Home Depot but Lowe's has many of the same products at similar prices (plus Lowe's has a vanity that is relatively inexpensive but looks nice) but Lowe's is closer so we do all our home shopping there for this project. Anyway, I had a 10% off coupon for Home Depot that I wanted to use at Lowe's. I called the store first just to make sure they accepted Home Depot coupons - they did. So I went in to buy the toilet and vanity. I went up to the cashier to pay for the items and showed him the coupon. He gave me the funniest look (sort-of incredulous) and said in total disbelief like I was either crazy or just being funny, "That's a Home Depot coupon." Me, "I know, your store accepts them. I talked with customer service and they said you did." Then he tried to scan it, which obviously didn't work. He gave me a look like, "I told you; you're crazy." Me: "Can you call a manager?" So he called up a manager who of course told him that they do accept the coupons. Looking a little sheepish, he tried to figure out how to enter the coupon. As he did so a higher-order worker came up and got everything sorted out. I sure was enjoying myself. I still can't get over the look on this kid's face - it was priceless. Anyway, it saved us a bit of money. I didn't even try to price-match to Home Depot on the toilet (they have it for $5 less) because the cashier probably would have had an aneurysm.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

price matching and coupons. we must be related.