Thursday, May 29, 2008

Kitchen and Bathroom work

Well, we finished our kitchen painting (OK, Kristi and Anwyn did). Here is a photo of it all done. I'm also posting a picture of our new IKEA magnetic knife holder. We've wanted one for a long time but had to paint first. Now our knives are easy to access if an alligator ever decides to attack. We'd pull a knife off, "Wwhhii" and that alligator would turn around an hightail itself back to a swamp. Of course we practically live in a swamp so it might not go very far but if it ever looked like it was contemplating a return into the house with its beady eyes, I'd stare right back at it and say, "Wwhhii" and it'd know not to mess with us.



Once we finished the kitchen (well, we'd love to redo the cupboards but probably won't ever do that) I guess we needed something else to do so yesterday I started ripping out our 1/2 bath. We've been wanting to redo it for ages - the toilet ran (that's an easy fix, of course, but we didn't really like the toilet anyway) and the sink/vanity was hideous. So, I started pulling everything out. Now it's down to the bare floor and walls. We need to finish tiling the bathroom (it was just tiled up to the old vanity), put some baseboards on, repair the walls a bit, paint the walls, and install a new toilet and vanity. We found some nice ones at Lowe's (plus we have coupons too) that are reasonably priced. I saw the coolest sink at Home Depot yesterday but it was $800 or so! Yikes, but if we actually had any money I'd consider it because it was so cool. Here's a picture of the sink. A faucet goes on top but that's the sink. It looks really cool in real life.Well, here are a couple in-process pictures of the bathroom. You have to love the lovely unpainted wall spots. Oh well, we'll get everything looking nice.



4 comments:

Fatima Sanchez Guzman said...

loving this happy family!!
woow
xoxo
best wishes

Tiffany said...

Bathrooms are a lot of work--but can be so satisfying when they're done. How exciting!

I know our own projects at our last home made a big difference (good bye avocado and mustard colored fixtures!).

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on at the moment! I remodeled my bathroom recently and got my sink from Buy Vanities Online and it looked great. I recommend you check out their site, they have sinks, cabinets and lots of other stuff, here's a link:

http://www.buyvanitiesonline.com/?utm_source=
blog&utm_medium=media&utm_campaign=vanity