Today Anwyn wanted to be a doctor. She got the Little Fisher Price Medical Kit for Christmas and likes to do check-ups of all of us. She listened to my heart, looked in my eyes, mouth, and ears, took my blood pressure, and then took my temperature ("You have a fever; you need some pokes"). Then she pulled out the fake syringe ("Are you going to be brave?") and gave me a shot then placed on bandaid on the poke site. "You are sick for pretend. Go home and try to get some rest."
She's going to be a great doctor someday. I asked her if she wants to be a doctor when she is a grown woman. Anwyn replied, "Yes. But I am going to be a mommy but I can still be a doctor sometimes."
Here's a great little video of Lily. She loves to shake her head and smile.
3 comments:
So, you decided to invite us along for the ride--huh? Thanks for sending this link. It will be great to stop by and say hi!
It was fun to see some of your photos and a movie and what's up.
Have a great week!
Your daughters are adorable. We wish we could see them in person!!
Thanks for the link to my blog (MormonHusbands.blogspot.com). I am glad you enjoy it. I saw that people had been referred to my blog from yours so I thought I'd give yours a peek.
Gotta love it when the kids play doctor. My 4-year-old daughter has already had 3 eye surgeries (with numerous follow-up appts) and broken her arm twice, so she knows her way around hospitals. She is a little too good when she plays doctor. I wouldn't be surprised if next time she asks for proof of insurance.
-NMH
Post a Comment