Saturday, May 24, 2008
I Almost Broke My Leg!
I'm really pumping out the posts now. I guess I need to make up for lost time. This evening Anwyn was jumping off our couch onto the floor. After one landing she exclaimed with all the enthusiasm a three-year-old can muster, "Mom! I almost broke my leg!" Kristi was on the phone so Anwyn kept repeating it over and over. The thing with 3-year-olds (and 2-year-olds) or maybe it's just our particular brand of 3-year-old, is that they have to keep repeating something over and over until they are validated or at least grunted at. "I almost broke my leg!" Dad: "Wow." Anwyn: "Mom, I almost broke my leg!" I've never heard anyone sound so pleased about a near break (it wasn't really a near break), 3-year-olds are wont to exaggerate. Their lives are perpetual mellodramas. It's okay though, the myelination of their frontal lobes will finish in another 20 years or so and they'll probably improve.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment