Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Removing Ads from Magazines
We receive a subscription to Reader's Digest. One of the first things I do when we get it in the mail is tear out all the ads that can be torn out without losing any of the articles. I start with the card stock ads because they are the most obnoxious. Then I skim through and tear out everything else. I do this because it takes so long to actually find the articles because there are so many ads. I don't generally do this with other magazines but RD has so many ads and the pages are so easy to tear out, that I do it with the Reader's Digest. The magazine is at most 70% the thickness it was before after my attack. I'm not compulsive about this, I don't always get all the ads (that aren't on the other side from an article) out nor do I do it every month but I remove as many ads as I can without spending too much time. Anyone else do this?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We have narrowed our magazines from few to very few. But, I always did go through and take out the loose cards--that's about it. It never occured to me to tear out the ads unless they were offensive. Maybe it runs along the same lines of hating to watch commercials. Hum.
I just pull out the big ads. We have a couple of magazines that we may not renew because of the nature of the ads they run. Who knew that Popular Science could be objectionable!!
Post a Comment