My excitement for the month was a great deal on some new equipment. We have been debating ever since Lily was born whether to invest in a double stroller. We've made do without it okay, but there are times it would have definitely been useful. Anwyn has really wanted one and talks about it all the time, but she thinks she needs to ride a lot more than we think she needs to. But every time we looked into buying one, we balked at spending over $100. I also wanted a backpack carrier so we could go hiking (the girls and I had a great time last winter exploring the forests and trails of Gainesville--yes, we do that stuff in the winter in Florida). I finally decided to just keep a regular watch on
Craigslist and hope for a decent used something. I hit the jackpot on my first night! A family was selling a Joovy sit-n-stand stroller for $40, and a backpack carrier for $10! We checked it out right away, and since we didn't try to haggle the price, the woman just sold me both for $40! I was thrilled, and they are both in great condition.
Here is a picture of our new wheels.

We've had the stroller and the backpack for a few weeks now and I am loving them. We've used the backpack at the playground a few times, and the stroller came in handy on a recent trip to the mall. And of course, both have been used for regular tours around our neighborhood.
Recently we went hiking with some friends at the
Devil's Millhopper State Park. This is what hiking is like in north central Florida. Very green.

The kids did great on all of the stairs.

Happy hikers (although they may not look it in the picture)!


I am excited for fall in Florida. We're going to enjoy the outdoors!
2 comments:
I had to go check out craig's list since you wrote about your deal. I think we need to live a little closer to a major city to be able to take advantage of it... What a great deal for you--and what fun hikes. Those stairs are amazing!
Not only a good deal, but it looks cool too! I love the black and red on the stroller.
Post a Comment