Sunday, April 19, 2009

Nursery Bound and Springtime Photos

Lily is 18 months old and started nursery today! She didn't have any problems at all, and only cried when I came to pick her up and took her away from the bubbles. She is growing up so fast.

Anwyn has been pretty excited for Lily to start nursery. On the way home from church last week she was telling Lily what nursery is like (playing with toys, snacks, etc), and said "maybe you'll even get to do bubbles like I did!"

Lily is slowly getting a few more words. She says Ma, Da (for Dad or dog), No, Bir (bird), Mo (more), and her versions of cheese and shoes which we understand. She also does great dog, monkey and fish sounds, and is coming along with the other animals. She likes to point to body parts when we ask "Where is your nose?", etc. One of her favorite songs is "If you're happy and you know it" because she smiles and claps along.

Here is what Anwyn wants to say today:
Dad;mom;anwyn;lily

Anwyn saw this picture of Lily and said "Lily is saying, 'Now I shall make a proclamation' ".
(She learned that phrase from the Naked Mole Rat book)

The identical frowns in this picture just make us laugh. Neither one was in the mood for pictures at this point.

7 comments:

The Wessman Family said...

They are so cute!

Roadrunner said...

Wow- Lily is growing up so fast. Its crazy to think that I knew you before she was even born. I hope things have been going good for you- talk to ya soon!

Tiffany said...

What funny faces at the end. :)

Nursery is such an exciting transition. Maybe Jared can get to class now? Yea!

The Tew Clan said...

They both are growing so much! That is nice that Lily was so good for nursery! I love the frowns :)

Amber said...

What a cute picture!

Lily was so good in nursery! She is such a sweet little girl!

The Boohers said...

Cute frowny pic! I'm already missing seeing Anwyn at Jot School.

Jan said...

Looks like you had a fun Easter! I love these pictures of your girls. Where does the time go? I can't believe they are so big!!