Yesterday I told Anwyn that I needed to get ready soon to go to the Priesthood Session of General Conference.
She said, "I wish I was a boy."
I replied, "Why do you want to be a boy? Being a girl is great!"
"I want to be a boy so I can go to the Priesthood Session of Conference when I grow up," Anwyn replied. "If I was a boy I could go to school for a long time until it is time for me to get a job."
I said, "You can go to school for a long time too if you're a girl. Also, if you're a girl you get to be a mommy."
Anwyn said, "But moms are always so busy!"
They certainly are!

Then today between the morning and afternoon sessions we called my parents. Kristi and Lily were napping but Anwyn and I were awake. My mom asked if Anwyn wanted to take a nap. She replied, "No, I'm not tired. Daddy doesn't need a nap either since he took one during General Conference!" I guess Anwyn spilled the beans about my 10 minute nap. :)

Conference "Picnic"
We enjoyed watching Conference from home. It's nice to have fast internet access so we can stream full-screen high definition video from the church (we watched the stream from the church instead of BYUTV). We had one minor 2-second hiccup once; other than that we had no other delays or stutters or drops in quality. It was quite pleasant. We simply plugged the laptop into the TV and watched Conference.


Anwyn did well sitting through Conference. She colored, drew pictures, and listened for key words during a few talks in order to get M&Ms or Skittles. One of the key words was "temples" (others were words like "mother" or "father" or "Jesus Christ" or "faith"), which turned out to be the wrong (or right) word to have during
Elder Gary E. Stevenson's talk this afternoon. He talked about temples and said the word over and over. Anwyn was thrilled, "He just said 'temple' again!" We were hoping that since his talk was shorter than the apostles' talks, she wouldn't get quite as much candy. We were mistaken. Oh well, sometimes you just can't win!

Lily was her usual rambunctious self. Even so, we managed to catch much of Conference. We're looking forward to reading the talks starting on Thursday. I'm looking forward to listening to the General Conference podcast on my travels to and from campus over the coming weeks. Most of the audio of the talks has already been posted. All the music is also available for download (http://lds.org/library/display/0,4945,8261-1-4795-1,00.html). We are grateful for the opportunity to listen to prophets and apostles.

5 comments:
What a lovely family! Your girls are so cute.
It's fun to hear how your days went! Anwyn must have certainly cleaned you out on the word "temple"!
We saved a Bingo game until Sunday afternoon session--but our kids each just had their own little treat bag so there was a limit on how many times they could mark a certain word! :)
What a cute idea to have a picnic and give out treats for key words. I'll have to remember those for the next one!
Thanks for the link to the music. I wasn't aware that page existed.
What cute kids! I need to use some of those ideas for our next conference. We're just getting used to staying at home for all four sessions rather than going to the church.
Post a Comment