Does anyone else get caught throwing away your children's things? Anwyn had a pet rock. I threw it away. She never noticed it was gone until...she found it outside and brought it back inside. Then Lily started eating it. Now it's sitting on the top of our bookshelf. I think I'll attempt another removal soon.
What can I do with a worn out pair of overalls?

Last week I spent a day sorting through little girl clothes. These overalls were well used by Anwyn and Lily. There is a hole in the knee, and one of the snaps is broken. But I hate to throw them away, since they were one of my favorite pants to put on the girls.
Anwyn (almost 11 months old)

Lily (12 months old)

What do you think of our new furniture arrangement?

This sly little girl likes to climb up on the kitchen chairs. Then she likes to rock the chairs. This action strikes fear into the hearts of her parents, since we don't want her to lose her teeth from tipping over a chair (like a certain cute nephew of our ours). So we say "No, Lily" and the chairs end up spending a lot of time on the table.

Here is what Anwyn wanted to say this week:
Anwyn And lily Room
(she's excited to be sharing her bedroom with Lily now)
5 comments:
When Kenna was learning to walk, she would crawl up on the table via the chairs and then try to stand up and walk in the table. I completely understand your fear and heart attacks! We tipped over all the chairs when we weren't using them so it looked like a tornado had hit inside our house (it just matched everything else. ;)
The thing I get "caught" throwing away the most is all the stacks of drawings the girls turn out. As lovely as they are, you can't keep everything! Skye has taken it to a new level because she always writes "I love you Mom" on her drawings and gives them to me personally. The other day she found a heart that she had drawn in the trash and said to me "Why are you throwing away my heart?" How do you answer that?!
sew up the bottom and make 'em into a bag for your little girls to carry around! Can't you just see the great library books peeking out the top already? :)
I love the cute photos of the girls. It looks like the overalls have served well.
I love your chairs on the table. It's funny what you have to go through to help your kids. Caroline is a climber, too. Thankfully, it is fairly limited. We've never had very adventurous children.
Yeah, pretty much you put the chairs up on the table or put them somewhere else entirely. I tended to stick them outside on my patio (but then, I can do stuff like that in Australia).
I have a big yellow album in which I put my girls artwork. Then every once in a while, I'll go through it and cull the pictures.
Pictures, toys, anything, if I want to get rid of it, I put it in a bag and throw it out into the big outside trash bin where they can't find it. And I do it when the girls aren't home to see.
As for those overall, cut them up and make something out of them. I like Alicia's idea of a book bag, but pillows out of the legs are also good.
Post a Comment