Sunday, July 27, 2008

Weekly happenings

Here is the low-down on some of our family happenings.

Lily reached the 9-month milestone on July 19th. She is growing well (75th percentile) and is a super sweet baby. She has some beautiful blue eyes (not digitally enhanced at all!); we're hoping they stay that blue as she gets older. Not that there's anything wrong with other eye colors but she has pretty striking eyes.


I sewed some curtains this week! Two sewing projects in 3 months--I must becoming domestic! Our washer and dryer (and shelves storing mostly uninteresting cleaning supplies) are located directly across from our kitchen and are visible from the living room couch. I was tired of that view, so I made some curtains to disguise it. I found some fabric in the exact same greens and browns as our living room rug (except stripes instead of circles) so it all ties together nicely. I also made a table runner to match.


We had a fun play date with friends on Friday. For a special activity we decorated sugar cookies to spell out each person's name.



I'm having a good time with my Nurture Mama blog. Thanks to Jared and Janene for their help with my new banner. It's much more colorful!

Jared has been super busy with his neuroanatomy class, putting in long hours of studying on campus. Not the most fun summer for him, but I've been proud of his dedication and hard work. Hang in there, hubby, you're almost there!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So many fun things!

Congratulations on the curtains--that is fun when something fairly simple makes a difference. Your letter cookie cutters are cute--the kids would have a fun time with that. (I feel the same way--all that work for sugar cookies!)