We went down to Indian Lake (about 50 minutes south by Ocala) to camp for the stake Aaronic Priesthood Commemoration campout, which was opened up to families and not just fathers and sons. We got there, set up our tent, sprayed on bug spray, and explored. It was a lovely setting. Primitive (the stake rented portapotties) but a nice setting near a lake (with only one small alligator that we could see). That evening we had root beer floats (too warm to roast marshmallows) and a short priesthood restoration reenactment.
It took a while for the kids to fall asleep. I managed to have a branch under my back so I didn't sleep terribly well. I had cell coverage out there so it was nice to be able to communicate with Kristi who stayed home with Adam.
In the morning we got up, packed away the tent, and then went to help with breakfast. It was mostly being taken care of but I did what I could and the kids caught crickets, grasshoppers, and frogs. After breakfast we had a bit of time and then we walked to a nearby old cemetery (burials from the 1800s or very early 1900s) to help clean it up. The stake also helped put up a memorial sign (we were on national forest land). Then we walked back to the campsite and left for home. We didn't get too many bug bites, although Lily ended up with quite a few.
It was our first time camping in Florida in a long time (too many bugs) and we all had fun. I don't think I'd want to do it with a little baby though. Kristi and Adam were well at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment