Another year, another Mother's Day, and another annual interview with the children! By now the children know me pretty well, and they are remembering their answers from years past. Next year we might have to shake things up a bit with new questions!
For reference, Zach is 5, Lily is 7, and Anwyn is 10. You can find interviews from other years starting here.
How old is your mom?
Zach: 35
Lily: 35
Anwyn: 35
How tall is your mom?
Zach: 10 inches
Lily: 5 feet 20 inches
Anwyn: 5 feet 4 inches
(I am actually 5 feet 6 inches)
What makes mom happy?
Zach: ?
Lily: When I hold Adam when you are doing stuff
Anwyn: a happy family
What is your mom really good at?
Zach: ?
Lily: Keeping Adam happy
Anwyn: ?
What is your mom’s favorite food?
Zach: carrot cake
Lily: tacos
Anwyn: Cheesecake
If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Zach: a star wars character
Lily: Kora (from Avatar)
Anwyn: ?
What do you and your mom do together?
Zach: Play games
Lily: Read stories
Anwyn: Snuggle
What is something that Mom always says to you?
Zach: Do the dishes
Lily: Be polite
Anwyn: I love you
My mom loves to relax by... going for a walk (Zach); taking a nap (Lily).
The best thing she cooks is... nutella sandwich (Zach); egg-in-a-hole(Lily); potato soup, meatballs (Anwyn).
When my mom shops she likes to buy... eggs (Zach); milk (Lily); you buy what we need (Anwyn).
My mom’s favorite household chore is... clean the bathrooms (Lily).
If she could go on a trip she would go to... Canada and Utah (Zach, Lily, and Anwyn).
We had a nice Mother's Day. Jared made biscuits and sausage and bacon for breakfast. I enjoyed all of the nice cards and pictures that the children drew. Jared gave me a fitness tracker--I wear it on my wrist and it will track my steps and daily mileage and do the date and time. It should be interesting--I am looking forward to getting back to running after a little more new-baby-rest-time.
In the afternoon we went to church, with new baby Adam. Jared played the organ in sacrament meeting, and I put Adam to sleep in the foyer. The men took over the running of Primary for the day, so I got to attend Sunday School and Relief Society, in between feeding Adam.
For dinner that night we had grape-jelly meatballs, rice, and salad. Jared made a yummy carrot cake for dessert.
I am thankful to be a mother to four awesome children (with a wonderful husband at my side). I am also extremely grateful for my own mother and mother-in-law--they are great women who I have learned a lot from!
2 comments:
I need to hear about your Nutella sandwich skills ;) - also, do you really like cleaning bathrooms?!
Ha ha-no I don't really like cleaning bathrooms! The tub is the worst--I always make Jared clean it!
A nutella sandwich is pretty complex-spread the nutella on a slice of bread and another piece on top. :) Don't forget to cut it in half! Zach is pretty picky about what foods he eats, but he is allowed one nutella sandwich each week. :)
Post a Comment