Sunday, June 6, 2010

Blessing Day


Today was Zach's blessing day. He is such a sweet baby and we all love him to pieces (the girls just about literally love him to pieces...). His outfit was pretty special, since he wore the same outfit that Jared was blessed in.



"Nom, nom; my arm is tasty!"



We had a Family Home Evening lesson this week to teach our children about the important ordinance of giving a name and a blessing. As part of the lesson we looked at pictures from everyone's blessing day, and I thought it would be fun to post them here.

Zachary, 2010

Lily, 2007

Anwyn, 2005

Jared, 1980

Kristi, 1980

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

So fun to see the pictures! Zach is getting so chubby and (of course!) still cute. :) I've probably said this before but Lily reminds me--in a good way ;)--of Jared when he's was little.

It was fun to see all the blessing pictures! It's amazing how everyone has grown. :)

Another thing you don't need me to tell you...in the picture of Jared he's wearing his blessing outfit but it probably wasn't the blessing day--we're all wearing pants. :)

Jared said...

Yes, we agree Lily does look like me. Anwyn looks like Kristi and Lily looks like me. We'll see how Zach turns out.

Yeah, we couldn't find a picture of the blessing day but I'm in the outfit at least. :) The other thing is it has to be super hot in the picture. It's July in AZ and unless the photo was early in the morning it would be hot!

Erin said...

What cute kids you guys have! Hope all is going well for you!

Becky said...

I was probably the perfect age to love Jared to pieces when he was born. In the picture, Jared is already holding up his arm to defend himself.

Thanks for all the lovely pictures! I think this month just needs to hurry so I can hold that sweet baby before he gets any bigger!!

The Kay Family said...

Awww, everyone looks beautiful!! What a special day. I love the picture of Zach smiling with Daddy. So cute!

aliciamae100 said...

so sweet!! I love all the pictures. Zach is such a cute little guy and the girls look beautiful too!

Another Piece Of Chocolate said...

What a great post! I enjoyed every bit of it :- )

Amy T said...

What fun pictures! What a beautiful family!