Sunday, August 23, 2009

Princess Day

Yesterday the girls attended a princess themed birthday party for a friend. They are enjoying wearing the tiaras and earrings and everything else.

"Yes, I'm a princess. Check out those stars on my forehead." I think we're going to give Lily a new middle name: "Dances-in-the-aisle" because of her church antics. She likes to explore [read: entertain/distract/dance/shriek] during Sacrament Meeting. Today a little girl in front of us started crying and quickly got taken out. Lily watched her leave and started throwing a mini tantrum to see if we would take her out. Copy cat. She wasn't loud so we didn't take her out...at that time.

Anwyn in the complete princess outfit - gown, tiara, magic wand, shoes, earrings, and regal air.
Here's what Anwyn wants to say: "Dad and Mom told me that if I want to earn money and I said, 'Yes!'. I can save my money and pay tithing and buy toys or books."

We had a lab party yesterday as well. We experienced rural Florida by feeding a cow some grapefruit. Apparently this cow likes grapefruit and moss. It was raining, hence the person in the improvised umbrella (towel).

This was taken just before Sweetie jumped the fence and tried to gore a student. It was only Jared's prior experience with steer wrestling that allowed him to throw Sweetie to the ground and save all of us from Sweetie, the violent cow. Okay, that was all made up except for Jared's steer wrestling experience.

Anwyn and Lily riding a horse tire swing in my mentor's backyard. The people in the background are a fellow grad student (in blue) and her husband (in pink).

Future member of the Intergalactic Association of Future Equestrians of the Future Intergalactic Association of Humans and Humanoid Entities - otherwise known as the IAFEFIAHHE, or Future Fred for short.

The girls sitting in a nice swing.
All in all, it was a lovely day.

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

What a cute picture of the girls in the swing. :) You have some beautiful princesses there. (We have the same Cinderella dress, by they way. It gets much good service.)

Becky said...

Betcha think your funny. I bet you think I don't read every word of your emails. Think again;-) We love you!

The Boohers said...

Lilly is the same age now as Anwyn was when we first met her! Or about. How is VPK going? We need to get together sometime soon.
P.S. I still have your books, and I have not forgotten.:) Need to get those to you ASAP.

The Boohers said...

Sorry, Lily. I spelled your name wrong. Please excuse me.

Laura said...

Hey..it's Laura Tripp. Lisa Booher was telling me that on your blog there was a link she thought was for us...well it turns out that it is totally Tim's cousin. Do you know Richard or his cute wife?? Small world!!

Kristi said...

Laura--that's funny. We know the cute wife--Jared and I both worked with Karyn at the library at BYU.BYU brings everyone together, doesn't it?

Amber said...

Wow, Jared can wrestle down a steer? Pretty cool! :) I have been meaning to ask you how preschool is going for Anwyn! Looks like she was excited by the pictures!