Anwyn and I (Jared) made our first movie together. We decided to try a stop-motion video. Anwyn helped me move the items around. There's no story to it (wait, isn't that what all my movies are like!?) - it was just a trial run; we'll do a longer movie in the future.
6 comments:
Just curious how long did this take to make??
We just finished watching it about 5 times in a row! The kids said "they have the same little people we have!"
The kids tried to make a stop action movie a year or so ago with little people. (But we tried it with a video camera and it didn't work.) You'll have to share your techniques!
I'm glad to see we've been replaced by little people. They do a much better job acting then us;-) What a fun little movie.
I think I did all the filming and editing (very minimal) within about 40 minutes - but that was for a 29 second film. They are pretty fast to do once you know what you are doing.
Tiffany, we used our digital camera (I set it down to a smaller image size - 3 MP instead of 10). We put it on a tripod and took the series of pictures. For this 29 seconds of film, we took about 145 photos, although I probably should have done more photos in the same amount of time. I then imported all the photos into iMovie on my Mac and added the song and it was done. There are stand-alone programs you can buy (there are probably some freeware ones too) to do something similar. I know you can do these in Windows Movie Maker, which is free. Anyway, the key is just to use a digital camera and then import the photos. You should have anywhere from 3-10 photos per second of film (it could be as high as 15, if your video program is good enough to handle that many photos per second).
Becky, we've only been replaced by Little People until we live close enough to each other to make more movies (or do it at a reunion). The little people certainly are better actors than I am (you always were the star of our films!).
That was great!!!! Aunt Judy
Thanks, Jared!
It should be a good summer vacation project for the kids!
Post a Comment