This week I held a Spring Recital for my 7 piano students. Actually, make that 8 students. Anwyn was inspired by watching me teach and so last week she started asking for lessons too. We started off with basic things like finding black and white keys on the piano, 2-black key and 3-black key groups, high sounds and low sounds, etc. She was enjoying it so I decided to try her out with the My First Piano Adventure books (this series is what I use with my beginner students and I think it's great). In no time at all she had learned to play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. She decided to play her song for the recital, even though she had just barely started lessons (one week, with a lesson everyday except Sunday). Here is a video clip of her performance. I missed recording the beginning of the song, but rest assured she can play the entire song.
Anwyn wanted me to say that the beginning is the same as the end.

All of my students did a fabulous job and I was very proud of each one. They are great people and I have really enjoyed my time teaching lessons. We had a lovely evening--I like to turn recitals into a bit of a party with yummy refreshments (thanks to all of the moms for helping!).

Anwyn says: fvhfvfvggfgf nfgngnnjhkhgbhgghttyhyy ybgjynhjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhkujytthrhyuhyhff vdhfn bvfffnnxzfcbfvbbvfbvfbf bgv hnnnnnnnnnhhjnhh cvgvgvgggffbvbvhggbthf gbvbvgvvhghghgfhghfghgfhhgfggfhgfhhghffhhfhgghgggggggt bgtbbnn bgbnhbngnghnhbg gbvvbgbgvbvvbbgbnbbnnbn bbvbnnnvnnvvnvv nvnnnvvnbnnbnbgnnvbvjbjjbnbnbbmbv
"I had a great time!"
6 comments:
Wow! Good job Anwyn!! She has a natural talent - like her mommy :- )
Congratulations! That's an exciting time for all of you.
Will you continue to teach through the summer or does everyone get a break?
Andrew says "Thanks for playing your song for me."
I'll keep teaching a few students over the summer, but a few are busy with travels and summer camps. I've got room to take on a few more students!
I can't wait to hear Anwyn's song in person!!
Great job, Anwyn! Looks like a great piano recital.
Post a Comment