Sunday, May 3, 2009

Anwyn's Song

Anwyn loves to sing. She sits at the piano and works her way through the Primary Children's Songbook, playing and singing as she goes. She has a pretty extensive repertoire, but she also loves to make up her own songs.

Recently Anwyn asked for a piece of paper so that she could write a song. This is what she came up with:
My Mom by Anwyn

I like that she included a staff and quarter notes. She is picking up on a few music concepts as she listens in on my piano lessons. We've had a few discussions about the music alphabet and she asked about the Grand Staff I was preparing for my students. Maybe piano lessons are sooner than we think!

Anwyn saw me posting the first photo and creativity hit again, so this is her second song.

My Dad by Anwyn

If you ask Anwyn what she wants to be when she grows up, she always says "a mom". Now she says "a mom...and a songwriter".

Here is what Anwyn wants to say today:
123456789101213141516171819202021222324252627282930313233343536373839 Anwyn

3 comments:

Becky said...

I love Anwyn's music! That is an amazing drawing. I know she already has several musical fans here- we have the CD you made a few years ago on itunes and the kids love to listen to Anwyn sing.

Tiffany said...

What a talented girl! She did such a wonderful job on her lovely songs! :)

Roadrunner said...

That is amazing. I do believe she will be a song writer and musician.