Anwyn wanted to climb some trees - and what a tree she climbed! She really wanted me to show off my tree-climbing skills (I've been known, on occasion, to climb a tree or two. At my missionary farewell - yes, I'm old enough that we still had those - my bishop told a story about me climbing a tree at a youth conference. He said he looked around and asked where I was - this was just during some down time, we didn't have to be anywhere - and someone pointed up; I was at the top of a big pine tree. While I'm on a tangent {good thing it's not a cosine}, I learned to love climbing cedar trees in Seattle. Many are just like climbing ladders; they are very easy to climb, with strong and flexible branches - even small ones can hold your weight {well, at least my weight} well, at least when following the 3 point rule - always have at least 3 points of contact when climbing a tree.) but I had to make sure Lily didn't ingest too much rubber, leaves, or dirt.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Thanksgiving Trees
On Thanksgiving we went to a park while Kristi was at home making rolls for dinner. She can get a lot more done without two needy children and one needy husband around vying for her attention. :) Here are a few photos from our outing. It was very bright and sunny out, at least when it wasn't cloudy. Gainesville's like that - sunny one moment, cloudy the next. It even has been known to rain here.

Anwyn wanted to climb some trees - and what a tree she climbed! She really wanted me to show off my tree-climbing skills (I've been known, on occasion, to climb a tree or two. At my missionary farewell - yes, I'm old enough that we still had those - my bishop told a story about me climbing a tree at a youth conference. He said he looked around and asked where I was - this was just during some down time, we didn't have to be anywhere - and someone pointed up; I was at the top of a big pine tree. While I'm on a tangent {good thing it's not a cosine}, I learned to love climbing cedar trees in Seattle. Many are just like climbing ladders; they are very easy to climb, with strong and flexible branches - even small ones can hold your weight {well, at least my weight} well, at least when following the 3 point rule - always have at least 3 points of contact when climbing a tree.) but I had to make sure Lily didn't ingest too much rubber, leaves, or dirt.
Anwyn wanted to climb some trees - and what a tree she climbed! She really wanted me to show off my tree-climbing skills (I've been known, on occasion, to climb a tree or two. At my missionary farewell - yes, I'm old enough that we still had those - my bishop told a story about me climbing a tree at a youth conference. He said he looked around and asked where I was - this was just during some down time, we didn't have to be anywhere - and someone pointed up; I was at the top of a big pine tree. While I'm on a tangent {good thing it's not a cosine}, I learned to love climbing cedar trees in Seattle. Many are just like climbing ladders; they are very easy to climb, with strong and flexible branches - even small ones can hold your weight {well, at least my weight} well, at least when following the 3 point rule - always have at least 3 points of contact when climbing a tree.) but I had to make sure Lily didn't ingest too much rubber, leaves, or dirt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Fun outing! I'm sure it's nice to enjoy a break from the rain when you can. :)
I remember the trees very well, I am the one who pointed you out to the Bishop.
Post a Comment