Friday, February 22, 2008
Raptor Attack!
This morning I was standing at my bus stop waiting for the bus that would take me to campus. Now that it is spring here in Florida there are a lot more squirrels running around. There were at least 6 within a 30 foot radius of me all on the ground eating acorns. I watched them for a couple minutes; they scurried and ate. Then there was the screeching of a raptor - a hawk or a falcon. All the squirrels were up in trees within one second. I was amazed at how quickly they ran for cover. I never saw the bird but we (the squirrels and I) all heard it. They just knew that that sound meant danger. I've never seen squirrels move so quickly in my life. They were all still hiding in the trees when the bus came a couple minutes later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment