Sunday, February 24, 2008

Leaping Lizard!

This morning before church I was looking out the big sliding door that leads to our balcony off the master bedroom (okay, we only have 2 bedrooms in the house and they're both the same size but we've designated one as the master bedroom) when I noticed the reflection of a lizard.

"Hmm, is that lizard inside?" I wondered. Then I noticed that it was sitting on a towel so it was definitely inside. It was just a common fence lizard but I was a little surprised to be joined in my window gazing by a reptile. I caught the lizard, showed it to Kristi and Anwyn, then let it go outside (it jumped off my arm and scurried away once it was outside).

That's one thing I really like about Florida - all the lizards. I like having some find their way inside because it's fun to catch and hold them. I also like when we get frogs inside as well. I know Kristi isn't terribly thrilled with having either, in part because she wonders what else could get in, but I think they're fun.

No comments: