Sunday, February 16, 2014

Love(ly) times in February

February is such a fun month. There are lots of opportunities to show love for our families and build traditions. Something new we tried this year was "Hearts on our Wall": a combination of daily love scriptures and dinner conversation starters. I blogged more about it here.

The kids had fun making Valentine's for their for their friends. You can see more details about that here

I had fun leaving little love notes for the children to wake up to each morning in our little red mailbox. On Valentine's Day they had a few extra surprises. 


In my efforts to cut down the sugar,  I went with heart nightgowns for the girls, and a book for Zach (this is our current favorite alphabet book--try it if you haven't read it yet!).

For breakfast we had toasted egg in a heart and fresh strawberries. 

Jared and I were blessed to get a date night in the evening (thanks, Becks!), and we opted to avoid the crowds and make our own dinner at home. Jared was in charge of steak, and I made this yummy potato cheese casserole. We decided to be practical this year, so Jared and I both got a new pair of running shoes (which I used in my first 5k run on Saturday).

All in all, we had a very lovely week!

No comments: