Last week Lily turned 5 years old. She's grown much and is a joy to our family. She loves ponies and princesses and playing. She loves to be silly and laugh and dance. She loves playing with her sister and brother and spending time with mom and dad.
Lily was excited for her birthday. She had picked out a stuffed pony (complete with carrying case and a carrot and a comb) a month ago and I hid it away until her special day.
She also spent the day building and rebuilding her new lego duplo cinderella set. This is a picture she took. She loves to use the camera and take multiple photos of things, as well as videos.
I had been planning to make her a pony cake (using a cake pan borrowed from a neighbor) but I was kind of nervous about how it would turn out, since I am definitely a novice when it comes to cake decorating. Wednesday afternoon I was in the parking lot at Costco when a man called out to me and said he had something to give me. I kept my distance until he showed my his Costco employee ID, and then he pulled out a large Costco cake. They had had an employee mtg and had an entire, unopened cake leftover. I was happy to take it off his hands! It looked delicious, the kids were thrilled, and Lily didn't mind that her birthday cake said Costco on it in large red letters.
Due to the size of the cake we knew we had to share our bounty with more friends, so we invited Ryan and Marcelaine and kids, the Wrights, the Barrots, and our neighbors the Tarrants. It was a regular low-key party and fun to visit with everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment