Saturday, December 20, 2008

Joy School Fun

Anwyn goes to Joy School twice a week, and she really loves it.

This week Anwyn went with her Joy School class to perform a Christmas program at a local Alzheimer's Day Care Center. Anwyn was really happy to be an innkeeper. (She really was happy, even though the picture doesn't show it).

The children acted out the Nativity Story, and then sang a few Christmas songs. It was really cute! Anwyn sang really well. On Saturday, Joy School invited all of the families to a party and the children performed the program again. We had a wonderful time at the party! Here are a few photos from both events:


Here is a fun video clip. Anwyn is definitely a focused performer!



One of the songs that she sang "I have the perfect present" is one that I remember singing years ago in my Joy School days. Here is a picture of Anwyn's class singing their songs.

And just for fun, here is a picture of me from my Joy School Christmas program.


We also got to celebrate Anwyn's birthday with her Joy School friends on Thursday, since she won't have school the actual day of her birthday.

Anwyn wanted all chocolate cupcakes, with a special #4 ("so everyone will know I'm turning 4"), and I was happy to oblige this sweet girl.

Lily was quite content to enjoy the dirt instead of a cupcake.

Thanks to Ms. Angela and Ms. Lisa for a wonderful Joy School week!

4 comments:

Roadrunner said...

So cute! It was good to see you for a second at church today if only in passing! :)

Tiffany said...

It looks like Anwyn really was focused. :) I'm so impressed she stayed with it so well through the songs. Good job, Anwyn!

It was fun to see Kristi's picture--which one are you?

Kristi said...

Kristi is second from left.

Just kidding, she's third from left in the flowered dress.

Amber said...

Kristi, this was so cute! Anwyn is the best performer! I loved reading the 100 things about you...great idea!