Monday was our beach day. We had a scare when Zach was lost for about 10 minutes. Jared and I (with Adam in the front-pack carrier) were setting up our tent canopy while the three kids went to play in a nearby tide pool area (away from the ocean). After a couple minutes I looked over to check on the kids and I didn't see Zach. The girls said he had said he was going back to the tent, but he hadn't made it. I started scanning the shoreline for him and couldn't see him, then got Jared looking for him as well. We didn't see him anywhere, and we were getting worried. I was pretty sure he wouldn't go in the water without us, but he had disappeared. I went to the lifeguard station to alert the authorities and Jared kept looking down the beach. The guard radioed out a description of Zach and within just a few minutes he was found by the lifeguards in their truck (but Zach ignored them because they were strangers). When Jared found Zach, Zach was jogging down the beach back towards where we were set up. One of the lifeguards was jogging by him. He had missed seeing our canopy and kept running down the beach looking for us. He had gone a good distance before he realized he should turn around and come back. It was very scary and we were so thankful to have him back safe. We had all been praying as we searched and we are grateful Heavenly Father heard our prayer. Something interesting to note: we decided at the last minute to go to Crescent Beach, slightly different from our usual Butler Beach. Crescent has life guard stations, Butler does not, which proved to be helpful to us. We went on to enjoy the day in the sun, water, and sand.
Adam does well and is happy at the beach, but he still managed to get a little sunburned on his face (even with a hat on the entire time and remaining under the shade of the tent). I don't think we will take him on any more beach excursions this year.
Tuesday was $1 day at the movie theatre, so we went to see Home. It was okay - the children enjoyed it, and Adam cooperated and napped through a good portion of it. We had FHE that night (we had been worn out from the beach on Monday). Anwyn taught a pioneer theme lesson, and we had homemade ice cream for a treat.
Wednesday was our usual morning mile and swim with friends, and I had a piano lesson to teach in the evening. In the afternoon we got yummy milkshakes from Steak n Shake --Jared scored us a deal and we got them all for free!
Thursday morning Jared took the kids to the springs. I stayed home with Adam to keep him out of the sun. They went to Poe Springs, the closest free springs to where we live. The water was shallow and a chilly temperature of 72.5 degrees. They floated around and had a picnic lunch and had a nice time.
Friday was a Harry Potter birthday celebration. There were activities at the library, and then we watched the first movie and part of the second.
| Golden snitch face paint |
| Broomstick face paint |
| Watching butterflies hatch |
We continued our Harry Potter trend and finished the second movie. Jared and Anwyn and I watched the fourth movie (Anwyn's first time to see it), while Lily and Zach played Lego video games. Our general family rule is that you have to have read the Harry Potter books on your own before watching the later movies (although we delayed Anwyn watching until now).









No comments:
Post a Comment