Sunday, April 26, 2015

Welcome baby Adam!


We are thrilled to announce that Adam Jacob Tanner joined our family on Monday, April 20th, at 2:52 a.m. after a 2.5 hour labor. He entered the world weighing in at 10 lbs and measuring 21.5 inches long.





Mom is so glad that Adam is finally here!
Proud Daddy.
Grandma Tanner travelled all the way from Utah and was one of the first to meet him.
A brother for Zach!
Beaming big sister Anwyn.
Thrilled big sister Lily.
The four Tanner children together for the first time.

About the name: I knew early on in the pregnancy that I liked the name Adam, and I mostly referred to him by that name in my head. Jared was convinced of the name Adam when we watched General Conference and Elder Holland spoke about Adam and Eve. We deliberated a little more on the middle name. The children had been suggesting names throughout the pregnancy (most of them a little ridiculous and silly). One day Lily suggested Jacob, and Jared and I both remembered how much we like that name. So we went with Jacob, because we think it is neat that the older sibling were able to make a contribution to his name. Both names are biblical, obviously. Adam means "man", and Jacob means "supplanter" or "holder of the heel". Jacob  can  also mean "may God protect" (we like that meaning better:).

2 comments:

robin marie said...

Congratulations! So glad he's here! I love Jacob from the Book of Mormon too! Great names!

Tiffany said...

We love seeing these great photos! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy.