We were so thrilled to have the opportunity to travel to Utah this summer. It has been four years since our last visit, so we were way overdue. Tuesday, July 1st we flew out of Orlando and landed in Salt Lake City at 11:00 p.m. (after a quick layover in Las Vegas). Our flights were mostly uneventful, except for Kristi's case of nausea. The children did well, and were entertained by movies/games on our devices. Our 11 p.m. landing really felt like 1 a.m. to us on our Florida timezone, so by the time we got our rental car and drove to the Bybee's house it was pretty late. We were happy to get a free upgrade on our rental car through Enterprise, which gave us a little more room.
 |
| Waiting for our flight. |
Wednesday we had a nice time visiting with the Bybee family. We spent a few hours in the afternoon at Temple Square. The cousins played in the morning, and in the afternoon we did a quick tour of Temple Square. We parked in a two-hour limit spot, so we moved quickly (which was probably best for the children's attention spans anyway). We started at the Church History Museum. I really liked the current art display depicting women in their everyday roles, the 100 years of scouting exhibit was fun, and the kids thoroughly explored the BOM fiesta hands on exhibit. No trip to the museum is complete without a stop at John Taylor's pocket watch, and the death masks of Joseph and Hyrum Smith. Then we made stops at both the North and South Visitors Center, the Tabernacle, and walked around the grounds (specifically the reflecting pool).
 |
I love this painting by Brian Kershisnik called Climbing Mother. So much of my day is spent with "climbing"children, but I need to remember the angels watching overhead.
|
 |
| Angel Moroni at the museum. |
 |
| The Tabernacle, all decked out for Independence Day. |
 |
| Such a pretty temple. |
 |
| Family at the temple. |
1 comment:
I haven't been to any of those museums! I need to the next time I'm in Utah! The painting is beautiful.
Post a Comment