April 11th was the Girls on the Run 5k. Anwyn has been involved in this running program since February (after school twice a week, running practice and healthy life lessons for pre-adolescent girls). It has been a good program for her and she enjoyed it.
The program culminated with a 5k event, with all the teams from a number of Gainesville schools. Each girl ran the race with a running buddy, which meant I got to run too. Jared and Lily and Zach were there to cheer us on. We started out the race with 2 other girls from her club and one of the coaches. Anwyn and friend Kaitlyn and I pulled ahead around the first mile, and then Anwyn and Kaitlyn pulled ahead of me. Anwyn finished great, with at time of 29:05 (mile pace of 9:22). She ended up 21st overall (out of 200+ runners), and 10th for her age group. Makes us think we need to pursue some more running opportunities for her in the future! I finished at 30:35 (mile pace of 9:51). I shaved exactly a minute off my time since my 5k in February, so I was happy with that.
 |
| Ready to run, before the race. |
 |
| Sisters with spray painted hair! |
 |
| It's important to stretch before the race. |
 |
| The Talbot team before the race. |
 |
| 1 mile done, 2 to go! We are still smiling! |
 |
| Anwyn and her friend Kaitlyn, about to cross the finish line! |
 |
| Successful run completed! |
 |
| Anwyn and her friend, Isabella. |
 |
| Woohoo! We did it! |
No comments:
Post a Comment