Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Greetings 2012

Merry Christmas!

Our biggest news this year was our change in scenery. In June we said farewell to dear friends and loaded up a truck and drove 560 miles to our new home in Durham, NC.  We have loved exploring our new neighborhood and are grateful for the new friendships that we have made.
Jared is currently completing a neuropsychology internship at Duke. He is happy to finally to have the end of school in sight after 25+ years of school.
After a hiatus, Kristi has again discovered how much fun it is to read books (and not just blogs). She squeezes in reading time while the kids play at the fun playgrounds around town.
Anwyn (almost 8 yrs) is a grown-up 2nd grader. She loves to read (Boxcar Children and Beverly Cleary are some of her current favorites), play the piano, and she lost 5 teeth this year.
Lily (5yrs) loves to laugh and play and dance. She enjoys her once-a-week preschool class with her best friend, as well as dance class and crafty story time at the library.
Zach (2.5 yrs) is a delightful little boy. He talks a lot (some of which we can understand). One of his common phrases is “That’s hunny (funny)”.
This year marked ten years of marriage for Jared and Kristi. As a family we spent three days at Disneyworld to celebrate! We had a magical time (made extra special because we were there with the Nelsons - Kristi’s sister's family).
We wish you all the best and send you our love.
Love,
Jared, Kristi, Anwyn, Lily, and Zach

3 comments:

robin marie said...

So cute! Glad you guys are doing well in NC.

Tiffany said...

Love the cute photos of the children! I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas. Love from Texas.

Kathy Smith said...

Ah-ha! I wondered where you were, had a hunch something was new in your life. New home in N.C., congratulations! I'm thankful for blogs and that I saved your 2010 Christmas card so I could find you. Happy, happy new year and remember that I love you too! Kathy Hyde Smith