Monday, July 18, 2011

Little boy

 
I am lucky to have a talented friend for a photographer. Janene was kind enough to share her skills in a special photo shoot of Zach for his first birthday. The birthday happened in April, so I am a little late in posting the pictures, but they are so adorable that I still wanted to share them.

One of our new favorite musical artists is Mindy Gledhill. Jared has posted about her before. One of my favorite of her songs is called Hourglass:

"Little boy, when you speak
I can't help but kiss your cheeks
I love the way you grab my hands
And tell me all about your plans"
"Rocket high, comets fly
You and I could take a ride
And fly away to Neverland
And give our best to Peter Pan"
"When you reach for the stars
Don't forget who you are
And please don't turn around and grow up way too fast
See the sand in my grasp
From the first to the last
Every grain becomes a memory of the past
Oh, life's an hourglass
Life's an hourglass"
"Story's read, prayer is said
Close your eyes sleepyhead
While angels linger in your dreams
And hold you in their feathered wings"
"Just like you, I was small
Not that long ago at all
I wish you all the happiness
That God gives freely if you ask"

 As Zach has become a seasoned walker and is so busy exploring his world, I just want to hold him close and squeeze him and kiss his cheeks. He is growing up way too fast, but it is thrilling to watch him learn and grow.

Photos in this post are courtesy of janene kay photography.
You can hear Hourglass by Mindy Gledhill here.

2 comments:

The Kay Family said...

Darling boy! Now if only that friend could get the actual picture up on your wall like she promised! Hopefully soon...

Roadrunner said...

Adorable! The pictures are great and your son is so handsome! We miss you guys!