In an effort help my students recognize and be able to play quickly the notes on the staff, I started a One-Minute Club for my students. To be a member of the club, students had to name and play the 16 notes between Bass C and Treble C, using their flashcards (not including sharps and flats). Anwyn had the fastest time of all my students--39 seconds!--even though she is my youngest student. I can attest to the fact that she practiced hard to earn her membership in the club.
Sunday, December 20, 2009
The Firestation, a Program, and a Recital
We had a a few holiday based activities this week. Thursday morning we went with some friends to the Firestation. We sang Jingle Bells for the firemen, and then we got to see the big red firetrucks. The girls were pretty excited to have their own fire hats to wear.

Thursday afternoon was Anwyn's holiday party at her Preschool. Her class did a little play for all of the families. Anwyn was a chicken. It was cute and she gave us a great big bear hug for the conclusion of the play.
Saturday evening was the annual Christmas recital for my piano students. I have 10 students this year, and they all did a really great job. Anwyn played two songs, Baby Owl and Jolly Old Saint Nicholas. Here is a video clip of her Christmas song.
In an effort help my students recognize and be able to play quickly the notes on the staff, I started a One-Minute Club for my students. To be a member of the club, students had to name and play the 16 notes between Bass C and Treble C, using their flashcards (not including sharps and flats). Anwyn had the fastest time of all my students--39 seconds!--even though she is my youngest student. I can attest to the fact that she practiced hard to earn her membership in the club.
In an effort help my students recognize and be able to play quickly the notes on the staff, I started a One-Minute Club for my students. To be a member of the club, students had to name and play the 16 notes between Bass C and Treble C, using their flashcards (not including sharps and flats). Anwyn had the fastest time of all my students--39 seconds!--even though she is my youngest student. I can attest to the fact that she practiced hard to earn her membership in the club.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good job, Anwyn!
You certainly have darling girls!
I love that your girls are wearing short sleeves! Anwyn did a great job on the piano!
Those look like some great activities! And it sounds like Anwyn is doing great! That's wonderful!
Post a Comment