Sunday, July 19, 2009

Make a Wish

After visiting the farmer's market yesterday, the girls and I stopped by a decorative water fountain in a park. After seeing another child throw a coin in the fountain a few weeks ago, I had explained to Anwyn that sometimes people like to throw coins and make a wish. So this week she wanted to try it out. She threw in her penny, and this was her wish:

"I wish the water would go all the way to the sky and get me a cloud for my pillow."

As we were leaving she found a penny on the ground, so she threw it in and made another wish:

"I wish that the water would move over to the plants to give the plants water."

I thought they were both very nice wishes.

Here are a few recent photos of the girls.

Anwyn with the temple we built out of blocks on a Sunday afternoon.
The destruction after Hurricane Lily.
Dress-up time.
Look closely. In between the toes is a great place to store your crackers!Exploring Manatee Springs State Park.
A cute family of turtles. The one on the left must be a teenager - it wants to do stuff on its own instead of be with the family.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

What cute wishes!

I love the little updates and photos of the girls.

Caroline would probably get along well with Lily. She has a toe thing going on right now. I say "probably" because she likes to check to make sure it is clean between her toes. :)

Amy T said...

The kids are enjoying your post. They particularly thought that the cracker in the toes was hilarious.

Becky said...

Ha ha Hurricane Lily. Thanks for the great pictures!

RT and M said...

Loved the photos--Anwyn and Lily have changed so much since we saw you at Christmas time! They are both such pretty girls!